Saturday, August 27, 2016

"Orange" Tag

Hello, and happy weekend to you!  We started off the day with a birthday breakfast for my dad, so I can already tell it's going to be a good day. :) Often it takes me a long time to create a card (or tag in this caue) because I hem and haw over the details.  But every now and again the idea...and more importantly execution...comes quickly.  This is one of those happy times.  Laurie Willison (I'm probably one of her biggest fans!) is up on Papertrey's blog this week for a Make It Monday: Cover Plate Tags.  I loved the idea, loved her tips, and loved that it fit into the time I had, which was not much. ;) My project was also inspired by this BEAUTIFUL photo I found on Pinterest.
Photo Source
I adore this picture, and in no time I had created the tag using lots of PTI paper and dies: Bountiful Banners, Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonal, Noted (hello), Tag Sale #4, and Turning a New Leaf.
I love oranges, I love these cards, and I love this tag.  It's so simple, but it's one of my all time favorite projects.  Thank you, Laurie, for the great idea that clearly brought a lot of happiness to my day!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

9 comments:

  1. What a GREAT tag Lindsey!! I had to giggle because Penelope is learning her colors and she says "ornch" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, and I love the color combo that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! don't you just love it when an idea comes together? And perfectly? Great colors, btw! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tag, Lindsey! Great use of the cover plate and the colors from the photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey you'll have to take your place in Laurie's fan line just behind me ... she is totally amazing, and so is this inspired tag! Gorgeous colors, fab photo to craft by. Now I must go check out the inspiration ... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your dad! Oh my gosh ,I love your tag !
    ps The images on my pumpkin tag were not colored paper ,I blended ink first then stamped, it's like who need colored paper :) I love blending with inks.
    Love the inspration photo you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I love how you used the colors from the picture!! This is perfect!!!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Lindsey! The colors look amazing!

    ReplyDelete