Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Simple Scrap Thanks

Hi!  Popping in to share a quick card I made for fun.  After I made this card and this card, some scraps were lying to the side.  I picked them up, placed them on a card base, and decided they'd make a nice, simple card.  I added some layered die cuts from Simon Says Stamp's Thanks die and that was that.  It was so easy, and I actually really like it.  Plus, it is perfect for speedy mass production...something I really need these days as I'm in somewhat of a panic of all the things that need to get done and the short amount of time I have to do it.
ETA: After a few encouraging words from some friends (thanks Darnell and Anita), I've decided to link this card up to the current Stamplorations Challenge.  I was surprised to see how well it worked with their sketch.

14 comments:

  1. Love this idea for a quick card. So cute, and easy to mail also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous selection of colours and patterns, Lindsey ... a great background for the chunky thanks! Have you checked out the current Stamplorations sketch challenge ... it's be perfect for it! (http://stamplorations.blogspot.fr/2014/09/bi-weekly-sketch-challenge-20.html) Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect way to use your scraps! I Actually thought you had used Washi tape! LOL. Looks Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not going to believe this, Lindsey, but there's an upcoming sketch challenge (wink, wink!) that fits perfectly with your card! Or vice versa. I love that it was made from scraps--and such pretty scraps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Lindsey! So simple but sweet and a great way to use up paper scraps! Totally CASEing this !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this...so simple, so cute & just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey great way to use up your scraps, super CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey, this should go in the current Stamplorations challenge! Sorry, if you knew that; I'm not seeing that you entered it. It's amazing how perfect this is for the sketch!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, mailable design for a quick card! And I always need ideas for using up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a happy card and so easy to love. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet and you also have a cleaner desk! Win-win, I'd say. Great to see you at STAMPlorations, Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea for using up scraps! And what a brilliant card they turned into, love it. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. Good luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made me think I should have included that die in my SSS order--this card has such a neat look, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete