Saturday, September 20, 2014

MIM #180: Paper Weaving Thanks

This week's Make It Monday technique is paper weaving.  It looked fun, and I certainly have scraps to spare, so last night I got to work.  I have a bunch of thank you cards to make, which is a nice switch from all the birthday cards I've been making.  My favorite part is that totally unintentionally this ended up resembling a really scrappy quilt.  And I just happen to know of a quilt I'll be receiving this next weekend from my aunt. :) She's an amazing quilter, and I love that this card will be a more personalized way to say thank you.
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Wet Paint)
Ink: PTI (pure poppy)
Paper: Echo Park (Sweet Girl)
Other: Michaels (enamel dots)

9 comments:

  1. This is pure perfection! I just might CASE this one because the one I made is not blog worthy! I love this ,yes it will be perfect for you aunt! PERFECTION!!!!!!!love the colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A patchwork of loveliness! This turned out so pretty, Lindsey! Love the papers you chose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    And a perfect thank you for such a gift!
    Quilting is on my list of "things to learn"...
    I'm gonna do it one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so very pretty and yes quite the perfect way to say thank you for a gift of a quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, Lindsey. Your paper weaving is really pretty and those patterns are beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card for your quilt maker aunt, Lindsey ... the colours and patterns are so fabulous together! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. I love the papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of your quilt cards. Especially that baby onsie--how fun would that be in real life??

    ReplyDelete