Tuesday, September 30, 2014

12 Kits Of Occasions: September "REWIND" & Happy News!

Hello!  I have a happy, card-filled post today.  I was lucky enough to guest design for the 12 Kits of Occasions group two months this year, and I am thrilled that I get to participate in their September "Rewind".  Even after making several cards, I still had oodles left in my kits...and so did everyone else, so today's cards are all made from the leftovers (May and June's kits in my case).  AND...this is the really exciting part...I've been invited to join the 12 Kits Designers on a regular basis.  Yippee!!!  I was a stunned and excited and nervous all at the same time when sweet Renee sent the invite.  Who wouldn't want the chance to get to know these wonderful ladies (whom I've long admired) better and have fun creating with kits while doing it?  Speaking of these talented ladies, I cannot wait to see what they've done with their leftovers!  Head over to the 12 Kits of Occasions blog to check it out, and if you are interested in any of the supplies used on my cards today, click on the Monthly Kit Supplies tab at the top while you are there. :)
Okay, here we go!  I'll start with the cards I made from May's kit:
This is my first attempt experimenting with a clear card stock base.  I created a little scene, gluing some die cuts inside and some outside of the card.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but the only problem is that I'm not sure where I'll write....didn't really think that part through.  Maybe under the waves? 
Birthday Boat Clear Card
May Kit Supplies + PTI (clear cardstock, Cloud 1 & 2 Die), The Twinery (Maraschino Twine), Lil' Inkers (Stitched Rectangles die)
You are Knot Alone Card
May Kit Supplies + CTMH (hemp, outdoor denim ink), PTI (Star Prints Stamp Set)
I had lots of fun patterned papers left from my May Kit, so I pulled them all out and pieced them together on this card.  I was most excited to use one of the cool wood die cuts Joyce included in the kit.  I added the little stamped stars to the die cut.
While I had the clear cardstock out, I figured I might as well make a shaker card.  I love them, and this one was super easy to put together with this awesome self-adhesive text die cut Joyce included in the kit.  Love the little bit of texture added by embossing a cover up die from Lil' Inkers.
Birthday Shaker Card
May Kit Supplies + Lil' Inkers (Pieced Chevrons Cover Up Die), PTI (clear cardstock), Pretty Pink Posh (sequins)
Okay, time to switch to the cards I made using my June Kit leftovers.  By the way, have I mentioned yet that I had so much fun making these cards!  I can't believe how easily they came together, and I was all smiles the whole time I was creating.  
 Thank You Card
June Kit Supplies + Lil' Inkers (Stitched Rectangles Die)
Love the simplicity of this one.  I thought the little flower die cuts in the kit were so cute, and if I had more of them, you better believe I'd be mass producing this card.
This little birdie actually came stamped as a smooching little pair of birdies, but as I mentioned last week, I really need a bunch of thank you cards at the moment, so I trimmed him out by himself.  I added a little speech bubble and that was that.
Thanks Card
June Kit Supplies + PTI (Bubble Talk Dies) + SSS (Thanks) + colored pencils
The tissue paper Marybeth used to wrap the kit in was beautiful, and way back in June I wanted to use it on a card.  As soon as I found out we'd be revisiting the kits, I was determined not to let this opportunity pass to use that gorgeous tissue paper. My card's layout was inspired by this sketch.
Studio Calico Sketch
My in-laws just celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary.  I'm not the best at remembering to send cards for anniversaries, so I was grateful to have this kit to give me the little bit of extra motivation I needed to make and more importantly send this card.
Happy Anniversary Card
June Kit Supplies + tissue paper, white thread
Almost done...just one more card to share.
Happy Wishes Card
June Kit Supplies + PPP (marshmallow sequins) + SU! (embossing plate)
The little polka dot bag on this card was another piece of packaging that Marybeth used for her kit.  I loved it.  Honestly, I loved all the packaging in the kit and saved every piece of it.  I thought that this would be perfect to stuff a gift card into, and I love the generic nature of the sentiment because it allows me to use this card for nearly any occasion.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I sincerely appreciate the visits and sweet comments you all leave.  Just as a little heads up...I anticipate my blog and activity in blog land will be on the quieter side for the next little bit.  I'm not really sure how long, but we're going through some pretty big (but good) changes around here.  It may take a bit to adjust and life to return to "normal".

21 comments:

  1. A big congrats Lindsey! I love how you were inspired. Your cards are gorgeous. Hope all is well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the group Lindsey, we are so happy you said yes! You sure made a lot of cards with the two kits you had on hand. I love them all but your first card with the clear card stock is amazing! I LOVE that adorable water scene you created!
    Cant wait for your new life change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Congrats, Lindsey! Can't wait to see what you do every month! Know what you mean about the packaging, saved all mine too! Love all these wonderful cards, especially the sailboat on clear stock. Who needs words with a frameable beauty like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the thank you card with the little bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with all these very nicely done card. And Congrats to you for making the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome aboard Miss Lindsey! Look at all the great projects you made.. you still managed to sneak in lots of things that I didn't use - even the little polka dot glassine bag from Marybeth's kit! Very clever! I love your nautical cards, but I think the one that grabs me most is the CAS Thank you with the die cut flowers in a row. Really stunning. Amazing how just a few embellishments can make up such a stunning card. You awed me here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First a BIG congratulations!!! I know you'll rock the kit every month and can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! A marvelous display of cards today, couldn't pick a fave if I tried!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome news!! So happy for you! Beautiful cards! I especially adore that little birdie card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! so many beauties! so glad you will be joining us each month from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy that you will be with us every month from now on. You are so very talented, and I cannot wait to be able to have the supplies to case everything I want of yours from these kits. You made such incredible use of your leftovers. I love all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my gosh, Lindsey, congratulations on the appointment to the 12 Kits Design Team!!! They - and we - are so, so lucky to have you on the team!! Those ladies are so nice and so sweet and so fun and so talented ... it's a perfect match!! As I always tell you, your cards are beautifully designed and impeccably executed. This post illustrates that better than any you have done up to this point. One card was more impressive than the next! I'm on inspiration overload and will be CASEing many of these cards!! Awesome news and awesome job!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big congratulations, Lindsey! You make amazing CAS cards with the WOW factor, I definitely have to keep an eye on you (the positive way)! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, Lindsey, every one of these is amazing---love them all! And I'm so happy you will be part of our group now. It will be wonderful to see how you interpret the kits--know we'll see many more awesome creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing creations Lindsey! Congrats on joining the 12 Occasions team...they made a great choice! Looking forward to see all the fabulousness you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such a great addition to our little group Lindsey...you outdid yourself this month! Absolutely beautiful examples of past kits. So glad you have joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa! So much awesomeness here! I'm oohing and aahing over every card!
    Congrats on a well deserved spot on the design team! Yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...what an amazing array of wonderful cards! I love them all and so happy you are part of our group.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lindsey beautiful cards designs and you made so many great rewind cards!! We are so thrilled to have you as part of our team from here on in!! It is going to be such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome take on the clear cardstock base! Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lindsey...
    I'm so excited that you're joining us and can't wait to see what you create so I can CASE you! :)
    And what gorgeous cards...
    love them all but that simply perfect floral Thank You is my favorite...
    and If I had more of those blooms I be CASE'ing it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Lindsey, many congratulations on joining the 12 Kits Team ... you and that team are such a fabulous match! You cards are amazing ... so much creativity, so much inspiration ... my particular fave is the deliciously CAS floral thank you ... it's perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete