Saturday, December 7, 2013

Reindeer Pup (Craft Dash #31 & Mojo Monday #322)

I saw the 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge #31 in my emails earlier this week, but I didn't have time to read it, so I just made a mental note of the colors.  Last night I had some time to craft.  I made this card and was left with a pile of snipped off snowflake pieces.  When I went to throw the pile away I realized they looked an awful lot like antlers, and then I had an idea pop into my head.  Why not make a cute little critter into a reindeer?  I pulled out all my critters and decided to go with a dog because my sister has a sweet yellow lab that she adores.  I got to work and made my card with the help of this Mojo Monday sketch (which I rotated 90 degrees to the left).
 
I'm happy with it, though I failed miserably with my time.  I stopped the timer before I even finished the card.  I imagine it took me about 20-25 minutes to make.  I had some serious issues stamping that little dog from PTI's Tremendous Treats: Valentine.  It took me about 12 tries to get the two images I needed.  (I needed a second one, so I could pop up the dog's head...and don't look too close because one of them still wasn't perfect.)
 
When I went to write my post I clicked back to the Craft Dash link to get the challenge photo and decided to scroll down to see what the DT members had created.  That's when I saw that Caryn had made her card with a festive little pooch as well.  I guess great minds think alike. :) And maybe if I had used a set intended for a festive little dog with the matching dies like she had I would have finished in time...I guess I have another couple of things to add to my wish list.
P.S. The little scarf, bow, and sentiment are from one of my very favorite Christmas sets - Clearly Besotted's In Stitches: Christmas, which I accidentally purchased two of, so if you're interested in getting one, click on my for sale page here.  Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, so cute! Love how you saw antlers from a snowflake? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just the sweetest thing ever! Now I totally want to dress one of my critter stamps up like a reindeer! Fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linsey, I got the apple pastry recipe for you posted on my blog today (dec 9), check it out if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you came up with the antler idea! They do make perfect antlers......your card is just adorable .....I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of snowflake antlers out there because of your brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very adorable. I love your clever antlers. Even though this card took more than 10 minutes, I still think that your time was impressive, for such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all - can't believe you did this in under 10 minutes! Second - how clever are you using snowflakes as antlers?!? Too cute! Thanks for playing with us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is such a clever use of snowflakes and your little dog is so cute! The way you have layered the head in front of the scarf has made me think to pull out my stamp set and try this myself for next year. I have added your blog to my favourites as I love finding new sources of inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, what a very cute little doggie - and very inspired too!! Who'd have thought to use the snowflakes for antlers - genius!! I love how you dressed him up with the CBS accessories - you just don't need that PTI doggie set with all the inventive ideas you've got in your head, lol!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Craft Dash!
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lindsey ,maybe you should link this up to CAS.ology blog the theme is ...snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lindsey, I love your dog. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete