Sunday, November 24, 2013

Grateful Tags (MIM #141 , cQc #216)

I haven't had the best of luck with my heat and stick powder in the past (and have almost thrown it away twice), so when I saw Papertrey's Make It Monday Challenge this week was to add glitter using heat and stick embossing powder, I was happy to watch and get some tips from Heather.  And it worked.  Problem solved.  Apparently when used correctly it can be a wonderful adhesive.  What I like most is that the glitter really sets in and you can rub your fingers over it afterward and almost nothing falls off.  
I love looking at other blogs, and I pin and save ideas all the time, but I don't end up using those ideas often enough.  I decided that's ridiculous.  If I'm going to spend the time to be inspired by others, I might as well use that inspiration on my projects.  So I happily combined inspiration from two uberly talented ladies for my tags.  Maile Belles was the genius behind the layered tag in a post she shared for Papertrey's designer tips, and Amber Kemp-Gerstel inspired me to use an off the page sentiment in this post.  The beautiful fall color palette was inspired by this week's ColourQ Challenge.
This is actually the first time I've ever inked up my Birds & Blooms set from PTI, and I LOVE the font of the sentiments.  I just did some selective inking, so only the "grateful" part of the sentiment was used.  I actually made 8 of these tags for neighbor gifts and I can definitely see my self using this same idea in the future...as in all the rest of my Christmas tags will probably look something like this. :)

Supplies
Stamps: Birds & Blooms, Borders & Corners: Monogram Edition, Mat Stack #1 (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Autumn Terracotta (CTMH), Versamark
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI), Night & Fall (Recollections)
Other: Tag Sale #5 die (PTI), Fire Opal Glitter (Martha Stewart), Heat and Stick Powder (SU!), Cappuccino Twine (The Twinery)

14 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Lindsey - so pretty...I'm sure your neighbours will love them. I must read that post at PTI. I've had terrible problems using the heat and stick powder as well. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh. These are so pretty! Love the glittered leaves. Perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tags!!!!! I am going to make more like these too! I also loved MB double tag idea such an easy way to simply dress up a tag. I see now that the background is PP love it!
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving Lindsey! We are having 30 + guest so I will be in full get ready mode the rest of the week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous tags, Lindsey, great use of the colors! Thanks for sharing them with us at the colourQ. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey, love your tags so much, I'm 'borrowing' your style I know, you cased Maile,but just adore your 'slant'. Thank you! Great fall papers btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely tags! I'm dying to try the heat and stick embossing powder. Beautiful use of these colors! Love that sentiment too. Sweet! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful, Lindsey! Love the different pattern papers you chose to create them with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsey, these tags are DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty tags!! Love how you took the sentiment off the tag and the glitter is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these, Lindsey!!! The double tags are awesome and the pattern papers are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I ever miss these tags Lindsay--GORGEOUS! I am so casing this idea. ;)
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...see i got so excited I forgot to ay thank you for joining us last week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete