Saturday, September 21, 2013

WPlus9 Monday Mood Board #20

Just popping in for a second to share a card I made last week.  It seems like I made it ages ago, though, as I haven't spent any time making cards in over a week.  Life has been full and busy but a good full--spending time with family, helping friends, playing outside, working on our home, etc.  I made this card using the current Monday Mood Board at WPlus9.  The inspiration this week was this card by the talented Elise Durenberger:
I used two of my favorite WPlus9 sets: Fresh Cut Florals (+ coordinating dies) and Strictly Sentiments 1. I obviously drew inspiration from the chevron and I used a similar layout....just rotated a bit.  I also used the same general color scheme (+ green and light blue).  The burlap was my interpretation of the twine and banner elements. My favorite part about the card, though, is that it has already been sent in the mail. :) When I did have a bit of extra time this week, instead of making cards I wrote on and mailed a bunch that I've been meaning to send out for a month (or more).  And I'm so glad I did.  It was time well spent.  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy weekend to you...

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on the mood board Lindsey, beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black chevron background, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the mood board! Love the burlap and flowers great combo. I found this mood board too challenging ...but not you!

    ReplyDelete