Friday, September 13, 2013

Wanna Sketch #8 & Simon Says...Emboss It

I made this card weeks ago using this sketch over at Dahlhouse Designs and totally forgot about it until I stumbled upon it last night.  I loved the simplicity of the sketch, so I wanted to keep my card simple.    To create the overlapping butterflies, I used the same technique that the incredible Jess Witty used on this card.  My favorite thing about the whole card might be the texture created by PTI's Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, though.  It's for sure my favorite IP.  ETA: Since the embossing was my favorite part of this card (and with Leigh's tip :) ), I decided this would be a great card to link up for the Simon Says....Emboss It Challenge.  Okay, I'm off to finish a card for my niece's birthday.  I'm struggling with it...can't quite get it to look how I want.  Wish me luck. :)

The sketch I used:


8 comments:

  1. LOVE the overlapping butterflies Lindsey!
    & GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey!!! I absolutely LOVE your overlapping butterflies! So perfect for the sketch and that sentiment is quite adorable. Thank you so much for linking up to wanna sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely, Lindsey! You should link this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge-- it's embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is is wonderful Lindsey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!! Love the clean and simple look, and those awesome butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Clean and simple and SO classy. :) Thanks for joining us in the 'Emboss It!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty butterflies! Love the subtle embossing!

    ReplyDelete