Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Play Date Cafe: Splash of Neon, TAWS Be Inspired #33, & (CAS)E This Sketch #38

Just popping in to share a quick card I made for the following three challenges:
The Play Date Café          TAWS Be Inspired #33                CTS #38
I've been wanting to make a card with just stamping alone for a while now, and it felt good to finally make one.  After seeing the TAWS inspiration photo I knew I wanted to make a single-layer card using Good Point from TAWS...I figured it would be nice and graphic and perfect for all that black and white. Then, when I saw this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch I knew it would be perfect for what I wanted to do.  I flipped the sketch, but even then the chevron image I used was a bit large for the sketch, but hopefully you can still see it. Oh, and I promise the yellow looks much more neon in person (which is important since The Play Date Café's color scheme is black, white, and a splash of neon), but I'm barely getting this in before the PDC deadline, so I don't have time to take another photo.  And honestly, this card was just a last minute card just for fun, so I'd rather use the time I have left tonight to make some more cards. :) Hopefully you'll just take my word for it.  Thanks for taking a look! :)
Supplies
Stamps: Alphabet Soup, Good Point (TAWS)

Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Yo-yo Yellow (SU!)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Other: colored pencil

10 comments:

  1. Lol, we will take your word for it on the color...LOL., how fun tho make a OLC and actualy get to stamp ! I need more of that . The neon looks neon.
    Great card and graphic design. Perfect for all 3 challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those chevrons - and your use of them with the sketch and the splash of color is a fun look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on three challenges, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Lindsey! It has just the right balance of colors, and this design is perfect for our splash of neon! Thank you so much for your support of the Play Date Cafe Challenge - we love that you have joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card! Is it weird that my favorite part is the colored in "o"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous!! Perfect stamping and perfect choice of set for your design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun and perfect card..I really LOVE the splash of color and how you used the one layer card.. :) Thanks so much for joining the BIC at The Alley Way Stamps.. HUGS
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, girl - getting all three of those challenges wrapped up in this one cool card!

    ReplyDelete