Friday, July 12, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge #39

I've always been intrigued by the Runway Inspired Challenges.  The inspiration pieces are incredibly unique and the design teams' creations always leave me in awe.  Though I have followed the challenge for a long time, I've never actually made a card for it, so  this week I resolved that I would at least try.
RIC #39: Clover Canyon Resort 2014
There were so many great patterns on this week's inspiration piece, that I wasn't sure what to pull from that would be different than the DT's cards, and in the end I went with the layout of the dress....just tipped horizontally.  I kept most of the same colors and even mimicked the stripes on the belted area with the embroidery floss.  I tried to sneak in some of the turquoise, but it just didn't work, so in the end that got removed.  I like that this challenge inspired me to do something different, something I probably wouldn't normally do.  Eek!  I just looked at the time...better hurry and submit this before I miss the deadline. :)  Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Movers & Shakers Sentiments), Studio Calico (Inked! Class Set)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black), CTMH (Terracotta)
Paper: Making Memories (Sunflower), PTI (Rustic Cream, Terracotta Tile), Recollections (Mosaic Memories)
Other: embroidery floss

3 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous design, Lindsey! I'm happy that you give the challenge a try! You sure rock in this one! I can totally see how you were inspired! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!Hope to see more of your work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card Lindsay! I too have followed the challenge for a long time but only managed a couple of entries so far and yes, the design teams creations are always wonderful too - great inspiration.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsey, I'm so happy you decided to play along! Your choice of patterned paper is just perfect, and I love the addition of embroidery floss! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

    ReplyDelete