Thursday, July 11, 2013

CFC108, CD21, & Moxie Fab Birthday Challenges

A couple days ago I pulled my fabrics out to pick something for this week's Material Girl Challenge at CAS-ual Fridays, but I have so many fabrics that I love (and can't bear to cut into) that I didn't get a card made.  Well, today I was brainstorming color schemes/recipients for Moxie Fab's birthday challenges, and I couldn't get THE birthday (you know, BIRTH day) out of my head, so I decided to go with it.  I remembered some old fabrics that I had gotten with the intentions of making baby gifts and pulled them out. 
 
I started with the Moxie Fab World's Birthday Tags & Wraps Challenge and made this gift bag.  I die cut three onesies from different fabrics, and then I embellished them with pockets made out of some fabric scraps and a bowtie I made with some grey striped American crafts ribbon.  I originally intended to make this into a card for Moxie's birthday sketch challenge, but the onesies were too big.  But it intentionally fits the bill for CAS-ual Fridays Material Girl Challenge to use fabric on a project, so I'm entering it there, too. :)
Okay, so now I needed a card for Moxie Fab World's Birthday Sketch Challenge.  The challenge was to use the sketch and either use only stamps or no stamps at all.  I went with no stamps. 

Moxie Fab World Birthday Sketch
I remembered this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash challenge to use stars, and since stars remind me of babies, too, I decided to use them as my focal point.  I used coordinating papers and letter dies and re-emphasized "birth", so the card would match the gift bag.  Oh, and I was thrilled to use some rub-ons that I have had for years for the letters.  I was almost surprised they still worked. :)
 
(I know these pictures are essentially the same...but "birthday" shows better on the first, and the colors/texture/die cuts are better on the second.  And really, I'm just tired and don't want to have to choose, so I'm keeping both.)
 
The last item in the ensemble is the little star gift tag.  It's meant to tie around the blanket(oops...forgot to take pictures of that, but it has two more coordinating fleece fabrics from the same line).  This one is a two-fer: I made it for 10 Minute Craft Dash #21 featuring stars and CAS-ual Fridays Material Girl Challenge (it has a separate post here).  Ultimately it was a Craft Dash fail...it took 11 minutes 59 seconds, but still I love how it turned out.  I feel like it pulls everything together.  I actually think I would have been able make it in less than10 minutes, but the first time I diecut the fabric onesie the diamonds ended up horizontal in the chest area and it looked to much like a bra to me, so I had to start over.  I considered entering this one in for Moxie Fab's Birthday tag challenge as well, but out of context (i.e., without the other "BIRTHday" items) I wasn't sure it fit the requirements.  Phew...this was a super long post.  If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me!  Hope you have a happy Thursday. :)
 
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Bitty Baby Blessings)
Ink: SU (Basic Gray)
Cardstock: American Crafts (Tropicals), Making Memories (Corduroy Sky), PTI (Stamper's Select White), Reflections (Grey)
Dies: PTI (Bitty Baby Blessings, Block Alphabet, Script Alphabet, Seeing Stars)
Other: American Crafts (ribbon), Making Memories (Heidi White Alphabet Rub-ons), embroidery floss,  fabric, gift bag

7 comments:

  1. Everything is hiper cute, love all the 3 projects with textures and dimesions.
    Thanks for playing with us in the 10 minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on this and so well done in the time!!! Thanks so much for joining in the with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!!
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous set, Lindsey! I love how you diecut the letters from the stars on your card like that!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous set! I love the color scheme and all of this perfect die cutting! Absolutely wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lindsey! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Tags & Wraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey, it's my turn to say you crack me up! I KNOW I've never done a card in 10 min., so 11 min plus is still a wonder! Just love the colors of your set, and the sweet onesies with the bow tie? Adoreable.

    ReplyDelete