Friday, February 15, 2013

PTI Challenge: Homemade Accessories

  
I am super excited about the new Boutique Accessories and Clever Barrettes dies that release tomorrow at Papertrey Ink.  I don't have any girls in my home (except for me of course :) ), but I have eight nieces and two more are due to arrive within the next month.  I'll be able to get plenty of use out these dies.  Plus, I just enjoy making hair accessories and products that can make that process easier are pretty exciting.  Today the challenge at PTI was to make a homemade accessory.  I got a little carried away.  I think I have about five or six posts to do.
So the first thing I did was make a set of rolled flower hair accessories for three of my nieces.  I roughly followed this tutorial (I didn't really read it, I just looked at the pictures).  One big change I made was instead of gluing the strip, I sewed it.  I made two big flowers and one small flower and turned then into a ponytail elastic, a headband, and a clip.
And as you can see, each accessory tucks quite nicely into PTI's Favor It #1 Box.
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Background Basics: Farm & Barn, Tremendous Treats: Valentine)
Ink: SU (Real Red)
Cardstock: PTI (Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White, True Black)
Dies: PTI (1 3/4" Limitless Layers Circle Dies, Favor It Box #1, Simple Circles)
Other: Hobby Lobby (felt, thread, felt headband, Velcro), Sally's (Metal Double Prong Clips, ponytail elastic), Michael's (ribbon)

No comments:

Post a Comment