Monday, April 9, 2012

Papertrey Make It Monday #61

 This week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey was to create a flower with any kind of non-flower die.  I've been wanting to make more little roses ever since I made these for last month's blog hop, so I pulled out my Simple Circles Die again and whipped up another triple rose hair clip for a cute niece of mine that lives too far away.  (Go to this post to see basic instructions on how I made the roses using PTI's Simple Circles Die.) My niece is such a bright, vibrant little girl that I wanted really bold colors for her hair clip.  I wanted to make the flowers a little more exciting since my niece is only 2, so I made them into flower balloons. (She loves balloons and her mom knows how to make balloons into fun different animals, hats, flowers, etc., so I thought my niece would enjoy that idea.) To attach the clip I simply cut a little line in the card with my X-Acto knife and slid the clip through. 
My niece loves dogs, so I grabbed PTI's Tremendous Treats: Valentine set. (I love that little dog, too!)  I used the X-Acto knife to cut around the little dog's head, so he could hold the flower balloon strings in his mouth. I also used PTI's Simple Circles Die for the scallop borders on the sides of the card.
Here's one more shot of the clip all by itself.
Supplies
Stamps: Star Prints (PTI), Tremendous Treats: Valentine (PTI)
Ink: Basic Gray (SU)
Paper: Stamper's Select White (PTI), Black
Other: Simple Circles Die (PTI); Denim, Pink Sorbet, and Charcoal Twine (The Twinery); colored pencils; dark pink, royal blue, and white felt; alligator clip, white grosgrain ribbon; X-Acto Knife

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to put these in Alice's hair. I love how the dog is holding the "balloons" in his mouth so cute. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Love the dogs head popped up and that little twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! Love the flowers on the clip and your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute way to use the little dog , great colors and nice flowers! Adorable card Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous hair clip. Perfect colours for the olympics.

    ReplyDelete