Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pages With Papertrey Sketch #6 (February)

I've recently started looking at Leigh Penner's blog.  One of the thing's I really like about her blog is that she uses stamps and other PTI goodies to make scrapbook pages.  I feel a little less guilty about spending time crafting when I am making scrapbook pages of our family, so I decided to use her February sketch and make a layout of some pictures we took when my sister visited last summer.  Obviously the layout looks better in person because you can actually see the kids' darling faces, but I'm a bit proctective, so they have to be blurred.  Just picture the cutest kid you know (because that's how we feel about these kids. :) ).
Here's my page next to Leigh's great sketch.
 
Thes "flowers" are the ice cream scoops from PTI's Sweet as Can Be set.  I embossed the green paper using PTI's Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, and then I stamped the leaves from PTI's Daydreamer set on the back side and cut them out for the red flower.  The large leaves on the blue flower I just drew myself and cut out.
You can't see it well in the pictures, but to separate the large and small photos, I used Stampin' Up's Scallop Edge Border Punch.  To frame in the word "July", I cut one of the circle's from PTI's Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circle Die Collection in half.  That's one of my favorite parts on the page.


Supplies:
Stamps: Daydreamer, Sweet As Can Be (both PTI)
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Sky (All SU)
Paper: Lemon Tart (PTI), Old Olive (SU), Cranberry (CTMH), Breeze (CTMH), Let's Get Together Paper Packet (CTMH)
Other: Linen & Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circle Die Collection (PTI), Sweet As Can Be Dies (PTI), Scallop Edge Border Punch (SU), Vintage Cream (PTI) and other assorted buttons, Powder Blue Redmond Stencil Chipboard Letters (Scenic Route), embroidery floss

4 comments:

  1. yeah i made it on a page. I love this page. So summery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout, Lindsey! I love how you used the sketch and how you added the column of buttons beside the large photo!
    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page! The colors are so cheerful :) i really like how you used the separated limitless layer die-cut to frame your title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Love the little details!

    ReplyDelete